- Login to your HostGator.com account using the cPanel link. This can be accessed with any of the following URLs:
Notice that HostGator usually emails you this URL after purchase.
- Once authenticated you’ll need to scroll down to the Domains section and click on “Simple DNS Zone Editor”.
- Fill in the “Add a CNAME Record” form with the following information:Name: app.yourdomain.com. (Notice the final “.”)CNAME: apps1.webcrumbz.net
Notice that what you write in the Name field defines how your mobile web application will be accessible to your mobile users. In this case, the mobile web application will be available at http://app.yourdomain.com. You can choose to have it at: m.your-domain-name.com (write “m” in the Name field) or touch.your-domain-name.com (write “touch” in the Name field).
- Press the “Add CNAME Record” button below the form.
- This change can take up to 48 hours to propagate, but will usually propagate sooner. Check back to see your mobile web application.