We heard you and we have built it! Instead of using RSS/ATOM feeds to create a mobile & tablet web application, you can now connect your WordPress blog and allow us to directly fetch your articles and process them to display them in a app-friendly manner.
- Easy connect ALL your content (categories, articles and comments)
- Your content will be automatically synchronized between WordPress and your mobile & tablet web applications
- Comments can be displayed in your mobile & tablet web applications and readers can post new comments from within your apps (coming soon)
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log in the Dashboard
- Go to Manage > Content
- In the “Add Content” section, click on the “CONNECT” button below the WordPress logo.
- Fill in your blog URL, username and password. We’re using the XML-RPC protocol to fetch your categories of articles. XML-RPC is turned on by default since WordPress 3.5, but in case you’re using an older version, to enable it, go to the WordPress Admin, Settings > Writing > Remote Publishing and check the corresponding checkbox.
- If everything goes well, you’re going to see all your categories of articles being displayed in the “Manage Your Content” area. You can then choose what to display in the mobile/tablet web application.
Notice that you can still use RSS/ATOM feeds, but that’s no longer a mandatory method to import your content to Appticles.com. It can simply be used in case your CMS is not based on WordPress, but on Drupal, Joomla or others.